Now, using most of the standard programs, JD Edward’s Brazilian Customers can now, take advantage of the Bank Conciliation functionality.
Bank Conciliation Process developed by MPL, was created to meet clients requirements and to fill a JDE’s functionality gap. It was developed using JDEdward’s development tools, so the final result is presented as an additional functionality with the same online and batch applications standards.
- Allows bank statement conciliation automaticaly;
- Through bank statement records and their type of transaction, allows the automatic generation of accounting entries according users settings;
3. Key Features
- Bank Statement Import;
- Inquire on Bank Statement Records;
- Automatic Bank Statement Conciliation between Bank and JD Edwards’s GL Journal Entries;
- Inquire on Journal Entries for manual conciliation;
4. How it Works
The Automatic Bank Conciliation Process starts with standard JDEdward’s program to refresh GL Reconciliation File (F0911R) and continues with the bank statement import.
After import bank statement, a new batch program is executed in order to mark all records (F0911R records and bank statement records) as conciliated.
Automatic conciliation is done using date and value information. If there is more than one record in the bank statement or in the GL transaction file with the same date and value, Automatic Conciliation program will conciliate the oldest one.
The automatic conciliation program will also generate journal entries in GL files for the records in the bank statement identified as independent record, such as interests and any kind of rate that may be charged to your company. Those automatic Journal Entry is recognized through bank statement’s operation code and recorded in GL file following users setup, as the contra clearing account.
After the execution of the Automatic Conciliation program, users can access standard JDEdward’s funcionality to inquire on conciliated GL records, undo any conciliation done by the automatic process or mark as conciliated any pending transactions.
5. Process Flow
- The product is compatible with JD Edwards from version 9.0 and higher;Due to different ESU levels in client’s environment, it is expected some object’s adjustments to make Automatic Bank Conciliation works properly;
- Before we begin the Automatic Bank Conciliation deployment project, we must ensure that in the customer environment there are no other objects that match the coding used on its objects;
- Automatic Bank Conciliation process can be executed with the frequency needed by the user;
- Itau Bank Statement import program is already runing, new programs to import others banks statement will be developed as needed;
7. Implementation Service SOW
Assuming that no Automatic Bank Conciliation objects will match the client’s current objects, we will assume a 15 work-days projetct. Project duration will be revised according to the scope agreed upon at the initial survey meeting to be held with the client as the first project activity.
UPK Generated Documentation will be provided in Portuguese, or English if needed.