The companies that use Oracle JD Edwards Enterprise One can now add new value to it.
Cash Pilot, a Cash Flow Management application developed by MPL, was created to meet customers’ requirements and to fill a JDE´s functionality gap. It was developed using JDEdward´s development tools, so the result will be presented as an additional functionality with the same online and batch applications standards.
- Integrates cash flow analysis to other administrative operations through JDE Edwards;
- Allows short and medium terms cash planning, including confirmed (accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions) and non-confirmed (sales order and purchase order transactions) registers;
- Improves decision quality evolving the company cash flow administration, which promotes operational earnings;
- Cash Flow Details: Estimated and Realized;
- Manual Adjustments into Cash Flow: Estimated and Realized;
- Bank operations set up;
- Cash Flow Inquires, comparing estimated and realized numbers;
- Cash Flow Reports: Estimated, Realized, Detailed and Consolidated Numbers;
How It Works
After extracting, from the original JD Edwards´s modules the accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales order and purchase order transactions, the system builds a large database with the amounts and due dates, as well as information related to customers and suppliers.
Due dates related to purchase orders are calculated using payment terms and estimated delivery date; due date related to the sales orders are calculated also using payment terms and estimated invoice issue date.
In addition to the information collected from the source systems, Cash Pilot also considers manual adjustments made directly to it.
From this point, user defines parameters for cash flow presentation: consolidated or detailed, range of bank accounts to consider currency and date range.
Query and reporting applications recover Cash Pilot database and gather information based on user-defined settings in order to display/print cash flow.
- The product is compatible with JD Edwards from version 9.0 and higher;Due to different ESU levels in client´s environment, it is expected to do some object´s adjustments to make Cash Pilot works properly;
- Screens and reports were translate into English. The English Operational Guide will be develop for the first customer. The Operational Guide was made using UPK. If needed, we can provide UPK files for import in client´s environment;
- Before we begin the Cash Flow deployment project, we must ensure that there are no others objects that match the coding used by MPL, inside the customer environment. MPL will provide a detailed list of objects;
- It is not part of the scope of the Cash Flow project to implement others JDEdwards modules. For instance, if Purchase Order Module is not implemented in the customer environment, there will be no PO transactions in Cash Pilot inquires and reports;
Implementation Service SOW
Assuming that no Cash Pilot objects will match the client´s current objects, we will assume a 15 work-days projetct. Project duration will be revised according to the scope agreed upon at the initial survey meeting to be held with the client as the first project activity.
UPK Generated Documentation will be provided in Portuguese, or English if needed.